wavuti.com Updates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napenda kuwataarifu kuwa blogu hii inapumzishwa rasmi na tovuti mpya imezaliwa kwa jina www.wavuti.com

This is to inform you that this blog has been retired. A new website to take her place is up and running at www.wavuti.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TweetThis! For Blog Owners: How to Easily Show Related posts on blog under each post

In the past I have experimented on various tweaks on how add related posts on blog in order to help blog readers see past posts that they might have missed. I must admit that most of those methods have long codes or uses javascript that makes whole template heavy and slow to load. I just had to get rid of them and chose to rather stay without until I came across LinkWithin and got hooked up really nicely.


I decided to use LinkWithin due to it's easiness to install and the way it displays past posts with photos with small description.

To install LinkWithin, just go to their site ( LinkWithin.com ) and follow their straight forward instructions. Yeah, it's that easy.

If you want your widget customized, just write to them with your preferences and suggestions, I am a true witness of their excellent and fast service. After I installed the widget, I had the normal 3 thumbnails showing after each post (see the screen shot), while leaving an empty space on the right of the post. In order to make a maximum use of that space, I had to have an access to the code but since I could not modify it, I wrote to them. In just 2 hrs (email exchange below will prove the timing), I had my widget fixed. See the email conversation copied below between me and LinkWithin:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Subi wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for the LinkWithin widget, it's so helpful to the blog owner and readers.
I was wondering if it is possible to help me have 4 instead of 3 thumbnails on my blog. Having 4 thumbnails will better utilize some free space that usually remain unused.
Here is my blog address: http://nukta77.blogspot.com
Thank you.
.end.
Subi
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Liliya wrote:
Hi Subi,
We changed the number of thumbnails from 3 to 4, and fixed the color of the text.
Thank you so much for using LinkWithin.
Liliya
Thank you so much for fixing that. I am preparing a post for LinkWithin to encourage bloggers (within my local circle) to make use of it. You just gave me an extra point to testify why LinkWithin is the best.
Thanks for a prompt reply. Sure Amanda Fazani (of BloggerBuster) was right when she said you are quick in replying to customers. What a good service you have.
Thanks a lot!
.end.
Subi
In their own words:

LinkWithin is a blog widget that appears under each post, linking to related stories from your blog archive.

Don't Let Your Past Stories Go to Waste!
We retrieve and index all stories from your blog archive, not just recent stories, making them accessible to new or casual readers of your blog who would not otherwise encounter them.

Increase Pageviews, Keep Readers Engaged

The widget links to stories that are relevant and interesting to readers of a particular post, keeping them engaged with your blog, and increasing your traffic.

Elegant, Unobtrusive Design

The widget is minimally styled and blends in with your site design.

Free and Easy to Install

The widget is free and ad-free. It takes a minute to get the widget up and running on your blog, no signup required!

3 feedback :

Unknown said... Wed Aug 12, 05:02:00 PM MST  

I am used linkWithin too, Niliwahi kuwasiliana nao waweke post nne, lakini width ya blog yangu ni ndogo, kwa ili kuondoa ile sehemu iliyokuwa na nafasi wakaset linkWithin iwe katikati. Wako vizuri

Mbele said... Wed Aug 12, 07:47:00 PM MST  

Thank you very much Dada Subi, for your research. I have read your message and right away followed up the idea and now I have linkWith on my English blog. I really like it.

Subi Nukta said... Wed Aug 12, 07:54:00 PM MST  

Thank you very much MatteJerry for sharing our experience.
Thank you Prof. Mbele for trying out LinkWithin and liking it.
With this feature, I have been reading my own blog's past posts, some of which I couldn't remember publishing. It's really refreshing.

Recent Comments . Kauli za Wasomaji

###recentComment###

More Opportunities ads