wavuti.com Updates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napenda kuwataarifu kuwa blogu hii inapumzishwa rasmi na tovuti mpya imezaliwa kwa jina www.wavuti.com

This is to inform you that this blog has been retired. A new website to take her place is up and running at www.wavuti.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TweetThis! Take a peek inside the lab to see what makes real scientists tick

amfAR's dedicated scientists log endless hours in labs and clinics all around the world. And they urgently need your help! Click on the photos below to find out what some of our researchers are working on, what inspires them, and even their favorite movie. Then choose one to adopt for as little as 10 dollars per month. You will receive an adoption certificate, updates on your scientist's research, and the pride of knowing your general support helps amfAR and all of our scientists as we work toward our ultimate goal — a world without AIDS. Adopt a scientist today!


Visit Adopt-a-Scientist.com to meet six scientists working in amfAR's vital research program. These dedicated scientists put in long hours in the lab and in the field to accelerate the pace of AIDS research and bring us ever closer to a cure.

Learn how their studies are contributing crucial new knowledge to the fight against AIDS, discover what inspired them to become AIDS researchers--and even learn what they keep in their lab coat pockets!

Then go ahead and "adopt" the scientist of your choice. amfAR will send you your own certificate of adoption and periodic email updates on the progress of your chosen scientist's research.

Your support will help amfAR advance the science that is our best hope of conquering the global AIDS epidemic. So visit Adopt-a-Scientist today, and become a "brainiac benefactor"!
Joyce Nyoni, PhD
Birthday: September 19
Hometown: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Undergraduate Degree: Medical Sociology, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Graduate Degree: Communications in HIV/AIDS Interventions, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Working At: University of Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

My field of study:, Medical Sociology

I do this work because:, The desire to understand the social dimensions of health, illness and diseases,

What I am working on now:, I am working on social and behavioral prevention of HIV. Project Details at http://tiny.cc/clickhere258 ,

My favorite movie:, The Sound of Music,

The sports team I’ll be rooting for on any given weekend:, Manchester United,

If I could write a novel, the genre would be:, Mystery: I really enjoy solving puzzles.,

When I was 8 years old, my dream was to be:, A teacher: I used to act as a teacher teaching children I played with.,

Right now in the pockets of my lab coat I have:, Mobile phone and lip shine,

What I do to recharge my batteries:, Go for a walk along the beach: have a short stay in one of the beach hotels, in Dar es Salaam where I get to relax and reflect,

My ideal place to live:, A quiet neighborhood. In Tanzania the people are friendly and the social, interactions are great!

Adopt Joyce At: http://www.joyce.nyoni.kintera.org/

0 feedback :

Recent Comments . Kauli za Wasomaji

###recentComment###

More Opportunities ads