Apply by: 30 August 2009
DescriptionAbout RI: Relief International (RI), an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programs bridging relief and development, currently seeks a Regional Program Development Manager.
Position SummaryRelief International currently seeks full-time RPDMs to represent RI in all forums and to all donors and partner agencies in assigned region, with the objective of increasing visibility for RI's work, advocating for issues important to the RI mandate, identifying and pursuing funding and other opportunities for the organization. RPDMs may be based in Afghanistan/Pakistan, Nairobi, South Asia or other location. RPDMs report to the Vice President Program Development.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Engage in needs assessment and identification
- Contribute to program design, for solicited and unsolicited programs, and for pilot and full scale programs
- Where proposals are pending with donor agencies, RPDM should be familiar with the proposal and meet with donor officers to ensure program plans represent a good fit with donor objectives
- Where a proposal is not yet submitted, RPDM will attend relevant RFA/P meetings and gather information to be relayed to HQ for the preparation of proposals
- Participate in the preparation of funding proposals, including sometimes leading proposal writing efforts
- Attend regional and national coordination meetings
- Maintain regular contact with donors, IOs, national governments, etc. to track development priorities and inform HQ of upcoming RFA/Ps
- Disseminate information about RI achievements to donors and project a positive image of RI as an accountable and responsive NGO partner
- Represent RI in other related meetings, seminars, lectures, and presentations ensuring RI plays its full role as an active social development organization.
- Represent RI to the diplomatic community, particularly to ambassadors and other representatives of countries to gather relevant information related to program development, for proposal preparation, and to ensure cooperation and support for RI plans
- Assist the RI field offices with troubleshooting, backstopping, etc. as requested by HQ
- If needed, assist with the field level printing and delivery of proposals, within submission deadlines
- Facilitate arrangement of appointments for the senior HQ staff when they travel to the field
- Undertake travel within the assigned region as required in the pursuit of the above tasks
- Prepare regular activity reports for HQ
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks, as instructed by HQ
- Operate within RI policy, setting an example for other field staff
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel between field offices and to either LA or DC as needed
- MA in international relations, business administration or other relevant field
- 5 years' minimum experience INGO context, previous experience with USAID preferred
- 10 years' minimum relevant work experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Proven success in grant writing, net-working and liaising with field and HQ staff when necessary
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Application Procedure: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***IMPORTANT: The email subject line MUST include the following: Regional Program Development Manager (RPDM). Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.***
Location: Global, with travel within regions and HQ required