The professional training course combines online and contact phases in a blended learning approach: After an introduction phase of distance learning the initial contact phase with a duration of three weeks (Project Management and Management of Financial Resources) will be organised in September 2009 at the University of Oldenburg. The second contact phase focusing on Human Resource Management will take place in February 2010. In between, participants are asked to apply the skills acquired at the home university within individual projects while being accompanied by distance coaches.
- The candidates should be upcoming university leaders in their thirties or early fourties
- They should hold a position with managerial responsibilities
- Advisors to top leadership and DAAD alumni are preferred.
- They should hold at least a Masters degree and bring along international experience
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking, writing) are indispensable.
- Knowledge of German will be an asset, yet is not required.
- Applications from female candidates will be very highly appreciated.
The application must include:
• Application form
• Curriculum vitae
• Extensive letter of motivation (2-3 pages) which states the need for the
training and describes a concrete problem to be tackled during the period until January 2009
• Letter of recommendation from university top management where the
qualifications and leadership potential of the candidate are briefly described
• An additional letter of recommendation of a DAAD alumnus will be an asset.
Candidates submit their applications via email to the University of Oldenburg: email@example.com, and send a copy to the respective contact person of their country (see information sheet).
The application deadline is 22 May 2009.
The Selection Committee will include high profile Higher Education Management Experts and DAAD Professionals. It will hold its session mid of June 2009.