wavuti.com Updates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napenda kuwataarifu kuwa blogu hii inapumzishwa rasmi na tovuti mpya imezaliwa kwa jina www.wavuti.com

This is to inform you that this blog has been retired. A new website to take her place is up and running at www.wavuti.com

Thursday, May 14, 2009

TweetThis! A a quick note for Tyler Perry fans from TP

I just wanted to send you a quick note.
I want you to see these trailers, the first one is just a teaser from I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF, which is my next film. FUNNY!! It comes out in September, just a few days before the big 4-0 for me..(SMILE).

Speaking of turning 40, some odd things have been happening to me. For some reason I've been constantly reminded of my childhood. From smells to taste to music. Some have made me smile but most have made me sad. I don't know what it is, but it seems as if God wants me to revisit these memories. Memories of things that I thought I had long gotten over. What I know for sure in this life is, if you keep being faced with the same thing over and over again then it's God trying to get you to notice something.

So I started to do that. I started to reflect. I surrendered. And once I said, "Okay God, what is it?" I was asked to watch an independent film directed by the amazing Lee Daniels. The film is called PRECIOUS, based onthe Novel Push by Sapphire. I gotta tell you this film hit so close to home that it blew my mind. It took me back some 30 years. It was as if my entire childhood was being played out in front of me. After I watched it I had to sit still for a while. I had to hold on to myself. It was so powerful and so liberating. It made me so grateful. Grateful that I had made it through. Grateful that, just like in the film, with all that my abusers did to me, they didn't win. I beat every one that beat me. And it also showed me that my greatest battle was in the mind.

This movie was so real and so incredibly relevant that I had to get involved. I called Oprah and she said she had the film but hadn't had time to see it yet. A couple of hours later she called me back after she had seen it. Neither of us could speak. We both sat in silence on the phone for a while. Hearing all that was said without words. What was amazing was that after that initial moment of "WOW!" we both ended up with the same feelings of overwhelming joy. So we decided to join together to present this film. I think the world should see it. Not only is it groundbreaking and real but it caused me to remember and to thank God I made it through that.

I'll tell you more as it gets closer but just know that the reason I signed on to executive produce this movie is because I know I'm not alone. I know that there are millions of people out there who went through what I went through, what Oprah went through, and what Precious went through. And we all can say, "Thank God we made it!" Take a look. Here are both trailers. Let me know what you think!

TP
http://tylerperry.com/premiere/bad.php
http://tylerperry.com/premiere/precious.php

To respond to this message, please go to: http://www.tylerperry.com/messageboard

0 feedback :

Recent Comments . Kauli za Wasomaji

###recentComment###

More Opportunities ads