wavuti.com Updates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napenda kuwataarifu kuwa blogu hii inapumzishwa rasmi na tovuti mpya imezaliwa kwa jina www.wavuti.com

This is to inform you that this blog has been retired. A new website to take her place is up and running at www.wavuti.com

Sunday, October 04, 2009

TweetThis! Stop WOMBAT! Learn the acronyms - WYSIWYG


Recently, some friends of mine decided they should just give up guessing and ask what these LOL, LMAO etc meant. Well, I just searched and sent them a list of the most used acronyms (English) today in texting and senging short messages.  This is what I gathered, feel free to add anything on the comment box below.

AFAIC as far as I'm concerned

AFAICR as far as I can recall

AFAICT as far as I can tell

AFAIK as far as I know

AFAIR as far as I recall

AFAIU as far as I understand

AFD away from desktop

AFK away from keyboard

AFU all fucked up

AFW away from window

AIU as I understand

AIUI as I understand it

AKA also known as

ASAIC as soon as I can

ASAP as soon as possible

ATM at the moment

AWOL absent without official leave

AYBABTU all your base are belong to us

AYT are you there

B/C because

B/S bullshit

B/W between

BBIAB be back in a bit

BBL [I'll] be back later

BBS be back soon

BBT be back tomorrow

BFD big fucking deal

BIAB back in a bit

BIAF back in a few

BIALW back in a little while

BIAS back in a second

BIAW back in a while

BOATILAS bend over and take it like a slut

BOFH bastard operator from hell

BOGAHICA bend over, grab ankles, here it comes again

BOHICA bend over here it comes again

BRB [I'll] be right back

BS bullshit

BTDT been there, done that

BTTH boot to the head

BTW by the way

CMIIW correct me if I'm wrong

CNP continued [in my] next post

COB close of business [day]

COTS commercial off-the-shelf

CYA see you around

D/L download

DIY do it yourself

DKDC don't know, don't care

DSTM don't shoot the messenger

DTRT do the right thing

DTWT do the wrong thing

DWIM do what I mean

EG evil grin

EMSG email message

EOB end of business [day]

EOD end of discussion

EOL end of life

ETLA extended three letter acronym

EWAG experienced wild-ass guess

FAQ frequently asked question

FCFS first come first served

FIGJAM fuck I'm good, just ask me

FIIK fuck[ed] if I know

FIIR fuck[ed] if I remember

FM fucking magic

FOAD fall over and die

FSDO for some definition of

FSVO for some value of

FTFM fuck the fuckin' manual!

FUBAR fucked up beyond all recognition

FUD fear, uncertainty and doubt

FWIW for what it's worth

FYI for your information

G grin

G/C garbage collect

GAC get a clue

GAL get a life

GIGO garbage in, garbage out

GMTA great minds think alike

GTFO get the fuck out

GTG got to go

HAND have a nice day

HHIS hanging head in shame

HICA here it comes again

HTH hope this helps

IAC in any case

IANAL I am not a lawyer

IC I see

ICBW I could be wrong

ICCL I couldn't care less

IHAFC I haven't a fucking clue

IHBW I have been wrong

IHNFC I have no fucking clue

IIANM if I am not mistaken

IIRC if I recall correctly

IIUC if I understand correctly

IMAO in my arrogant opinion

IMCO in my considered opinion

IMHO in my humble opinion

IMNSHO in my not so humble opinion

IMO in my opinion

IOW in other words

IRL in real life

ISAGN I see a great need

ISTM it seems to me

ISTR I seem to recall

ITYM I think you mean

IWBNI it would be nice if

IYSS if you say so

J/K just kidding

JHD just hit ``delete''

JIC just in case

JK just kidding

JMO just my opinion

JTLYK just to let you know

KISS keep it simple, stupid

KITA kick in the ass

KNF kernel normal form

L8R later

LART luser attitude readjustment tool (ie, hammer)

LBNL last but not least

LJBF let's just be friends

LMAO laughing my ass off

LMSO laughing my socks off

LOL laughing out loud

LTNS long time no see

MIA missing in action

MOTAS member of the appropriate sex

MOTOS member of the opposite sex

MOTSS member of the same sex

MTF more to follow

MYOB mind your own business

N/M never mind

NBD no big deal

NFC no fucking clue

NFI no fucking idea

NFW no fucking way

NIH not invented here

NMF not my fault

NMP not my problem

NOYB none of your business

NOYFB none of your fucking business

NP no problem

NRFPT not ready for prime time

NRN no reply necessary

OIC oh, I see

OMG oh, my god

OT off topic

OTL out to lunch

OTOH on the other hand

OTT over the top

OTTOMH off the top of my head

PEBKAC problem exists between keyboard and chair

PFO please fuck off

PFY pimply faced youth

PITA pain in the ass

PKSP pound keys and spew profanity

PNG persona non grata

PNP plug and pray

POC point of contact

POLA principle of least astonishment

POLS principle of least surprise

POS piece of shit

PPL pretty please

PTV parental tunnel vision

QED quod erat demonstrandum

RFC request for comments

RIP rest in peace

RL real life

RLC rod length check

ROFL rolling on floor laughing

ROFLMAO rolling on floor laughing my ass off

ROTFL rolling on the floor laughing

RP responsible person

RSN real soon now

RTFB read the fine/fucking book

RTFC read the fine/fucking code

RTFD read the fine/fucking documentation

RTFM read the fine/fucking manual

RTFMP read the fine/fucking man page

RTFS read the fine/fucking source

SCNR sorry, could not resist

SEP someone else's problem

SFA sweet fuck all

SHID slaps head in disgust

SIMCA sitting in my chair amused

SMLSFB so many losers, so few bullets

SMOP simple matter of programming

SNAFU situation normal, all fucked up

SNERT snot-nosed egotistical rude teenager

SNMP sorry, not my problem

SNR signal to noise ratio

SO significant other

SOB son of [a] bitch

SOL shit out [of] luck

SOP standard operating procedure

SSIA subject says it all

STFA search the fucking archives

STFU shut the fuck up

STFW search the fucking web

SUS stupid user syndrome

SWAG silly, wild-assed guess

SWAHBI silly, wild-assed hare-brained idea

SWMBO she who must be obeyed

TANSTAAFL there ain't no such thing as a free lunch

TBC to be continued

TBD to be {decided,determined,done}

TBOMK the best of my knowledge

THNX thanks

THX thanks

TIA thanks in advance

TINC there is no cabal

TLA three letter acronym

TLB translation lookaside buffer

TMA too many abbreviations

TMI too much information

TNF The NetBSD Foundation

TOEFL test of english as a foreign language

TPTB the powers that be

TRT the right thing

TTBOMK to the best of my knowledge

TTFN ta ta for now

TTYL talk to you later

TWIAVBP the world is a very big place

TY thank you

TYVM thank you very much

U/L upload

UTSL use the source, Luke

VEG very evil grin

W/ with

W/O without

WAG wild-ass guess

WB welcome back

WFM works for me

WIBNI wouldn't it be nice if

WIP work in progress

WOFTAM waste of fucking time and money

WOMBAT waste of money, brain, and time

WRT with respect to

WTF {what, where, who, why} the fuck

WTH {what,where,who,why} the hell

WYSIWYG what you see is what you get

YALIMO you are lame, in my opinion

YHBT you have been trolled

YHL you have lost

YKWIM you know what I mean

YMA yo momma's ass

YMMV your mileage may vary

YW you're welcome

0 feedback :

Recent Comments . Kauli za Wasomaji

###recentComment###

More Opportunities ads