- Advanced university degree in social/behavioral sciences, law or public health (sociology, anthropology, psychology, health, law, education) with emphasis on HIV programming.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience in programme formulation, planning, management and evaluation of HIV programmes.
- Knowledge of latest developments and technology in the area of HIV programming in low prevalence settings.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate and execute ideas, as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Proven skills in supervision, planning and management
- Good analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to organize and implement training
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stressful and difficult conditions, and political/cultural sensitivity and work harmoniously in a multicultural environment with special emphasis on Eastern Africa
- Experience working in Somalia/and or implementing HIV programmes in an emergency context is an asset.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Fluency in English and another UN language required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Applications should be received by 31 August 2009. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
Read the full length of this job info at: http://www.devex.com/jobs/aug2009-unicef-hiv-aids-specialist-l-4