PACT Tanzania is an international NGO implementing development programs and will be increasing its program scope during the next few months. We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to lead the projects and to serve as members of the program team on the implementation of Pact’s USAID Jali Watoto program, Global Fund OVC program and Democracy and Governance programs (DG). We invite applications for the following positions before 30 June 2009: Anti Stigma Coordinator
- Development and implementation of a strategy to address stigma experienced by MVC (most vulnerable children) under Pact’s two MVC programs.
- Pilot and test a potentially effective national Anti-stigma campaign for Tanzania
- Work with Pact’s Communications Officer to pilot and test effective anti-stigma messages as part of the campaign and to document and publish stories and articles
- Engage partner organizations in the program and raise the profile of anti-stigma activities
- Promote Pact as a capacity – building organization in relation to addressing stigma
- Link with and develop good working relations with key national and international actors working to address stigma in Tanzania and beyond
- Develop partnerships and networks with relevant individuals and local organizations and mobilize a national anti-stigma taskforce to develop an effective and coordinated response in Tanzania
- Support vulnerable populations from local organizations in Tanzania to participate effectively in the program and to implement their own voluntary activities
- Develop tools to monitor and assess the impact of Pact’s Anti-stigma campaign
- Carry out a baseline survey in relation to stigma and discrimination experienced by most vulnerable children
- Bachelors in Behavior Change Communications or similar relevant to fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities as described above.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience as a communications expert with preference for candidates whose experience includes working with NGOs and Faith Based Organizations in Zanzibar and on the mainland.
- Experience in formulating training programs and in evaluating the impact of the BCC activities,
For complete job description of all position and instructions visit www.pacttz.org and look under “JOBS”. If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for please submit your application, and curriculum vitae detailing your experience with three referees (and writing sample, if required) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Pact Tanzania, 74 Uporoto Street Victoria, P.O. Box 6348, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing DateJune 30, 2009 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)