- with possible extension to two years
Mälardalen University is an expansive university with a strong focus on engineering, and the School of Innovation, Design and Engineering is a research intensive environment with strong focus on Embedded systems, Real-time systems and Software Engineering
The Swedish national strategic research centre on embedded software PROGRESS, hosted by Mälardalen University in Västerås, Sweden, is offering excellent career opportunities for top-talents by providing
Selected candidates will be provided a customized package, which based on personal preferences and career needs will include a selection of the following:
- Research within PROGRESS.
- Continuation of current research.
- Supervision of master and PhD students.
- Involvement in teaching on undergraduate, master, or PhD level.
- A post-doctoral career programme, including training in supervision and other essential skills for an academic career.
- Industrial contacts and participation in industrial cooperation projects.
- Participation in international research projects.
Earliest starting date: September 1st 2009
Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2009 (cut-off date; submissions received after that date are welcome and will be considered as long as there are fellowships available)
Required qualifications: PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) and proven research excellence in at least one of the areas listed below.
Submit your application electronically here (click)
The application should include the following:
- Contact information for 2-3 reference persons;
- List of publications
- 1-2 page overview of research achievements and plan
- 1 page statement/motivation of why you want join PROGRESS as a postdoc,
- Information about which research direction(s) you are primarily interested in
- 1 page statement of career plans, including preferred elements in the customized postdoc package
- Your two most relevant conference or journal publications (in full-text).